Cyras Athos Noren Tysek
Sept 11, 2014 8:17:42 GMT -6 Word Count:
Post by Cyras Athos Noren Tysek on Sept 11, 2014 8:17:42 GMT -6
Cyras Athos Noren Tysek
"I don't care, go on and tear me apart"
- Name:Cyras Athos Noren Tysek
- Pronunciation:Sear-ass Ay-thos Noor-en Tie-seck
- Age:36 years
what masks that sultry smile?
- Skin:Pale caucasian
- Eyes:Black. No distinction between iris and pupil.
- Build:Lean and underfed. Stunted growth from lack of nutrition while young, but some wiry musculature.
- Marks:3" long straight scar on upper right arm, from a knife wound two years ago. Horse-tooth scar on upper left thigh, from a horse bite in the last year. Both now healed and painless.
- Face Claim:n/a
what lurks within those eyes?
- Key Traits:
- Reserved:A quiet individual, Cyras will rarely speak to another human unless spoken to/without good reason. It would be inaccurate to say that he is shy, though that is how others often perceive him. Rather he is introverted and antisocial to the point that he would simply prefer to distance himself from others of his own kind, where possible. He holds something of an innate distaste for the way the majority of humans conduct themselves, and will avoid associating with crass or brash individuals.
- Turncoat:Although he does prefers to avoid humans, the boy has been known to forge alliance with others, where it might seem to profit him. However, do not take this to mean that he is loyal. Despite his morality, then young man has few qualms about turning traitor. After all, such alliances are usually formed with individuals with less than clean slates themselves. Cyras will hold true to the agreement for as long as it does not inconvenience or endanger him; at which point he will hightail it out of there.
- Conflicted morals:Gutter rats can't afford morals. It would be nice if that meant that this rodent in particular didn't have to feel so goddamn conflicted all the time. But no, Cyras has an oddly acute sense of right and wrong, and survives on the streets only with difficulty. Since leaving the orphanage he has been homeless, attempting and mostly failing to scrape a living. Most of his problems stem from a lack of start-up money. How is he supposed to form any sort of profitable business if he can't put down some money to begin with? So it is that he is forced to steal to get by. Even just to feed himself. The conflicted pickpocket chooses his targets carefully, attempting to steal only from those with enough wealth that a few coins won't inconvenience them too much, but often they are the most difficult targets, of course.
- Horse lover:While the lad has a certain distaste for humans, he finds himself much more comfortable with the creatures of an equine nature. Animals of all kinds are better companions than humans, but horses particularly so, in his estimation. While he appreciates the danger their predatory nature poses, they do not scare the less than imposing fighter the way they perhaps should. After all, he hasn't really got all that much to live for, and if one did decide to end his life... Well, it was as good a way to go as any.
- Ambitious:Born at the very bottom and determined to make it to the top, Cyras is much like every other poor little orphan born on the streets. He thirsts for wealth, fortune and success, and has the motivation and drive that helps improve his likelihood of success. He knows exactly what he wants, and won't stop until he gets it. After all, he can't fall any lower than he already has. So what's left to fear?
- Horses:As stated, he like them much more than humans.
- Peace and quiet:Although the hustle and bustle of the city is useful cover for pickpocketing, he much prefers to calm of getting away from all that.
- Being busy:Sitting and doing nothing drives Cyras mad. He HAS to be doing something, or gets antsy.
- The outdoors:Being cooped up makes him feel jittery - maybe because of the years spent in the orphanage. Now, whenever he can, he spends his time outside, away from the confines of walls.
- Humans:Yeah, we covered this already, but he's REALLY not a fan of other people.
- Summer:Used to being cold, he'd much rather sit and shiver in winter than sweat through his only set of clean clothes in summer.
- Small talk:If a conversation isn't going somewhere, count him out. Small talk bores the young man, and he avoids it like the plague.
- Authority:While he wouldn't be openly defiant to an authority figure's face, Cyras detests being told what to do. One of the advantages of being so stealthy and nondescript is being able to avoid the notice of those who might seek to tell him what to do. With no parents or guardians to speak of, he had long been free to do as he pleases, and doesn't intend to start taking orders now, thank you very much.
- Unobtrusive:With a less than shocking appearance and slight frame, the orphan is skilled at blending into a crowd and slipping away unnoticed. This also helps him with sneaking here and there, and he can usually insert himself unobtrusively into situations without others realising that he hasn't always been there.
- Hardworking:Cyras is no slacker. A highly motivated individual, it is rare to find him doing nothing. This of course means that he is always working towards his goals, and can only help him in the long run.
- Antisocial:With a reluctance to engage others in conversation, there is a strong likelihood that the young man misses out on a great many advantages and alliances that such encounters could forge. There are also occasions in which he does actually find himself feeling lonely, and the lack of socialisation leaves him unsure of what this feeling means, and how to resolve it.
- Strength:Although he is quick and stealthy, the slight man severely lacks raw power. In hand to hand combat, he is forced to rely on speed and dirty tactics, or else will surely perish.
- Attention:Not of one or two people; while that might make him uncomfortable, he can handle it. No, the man's nightmare involves a seemingly endless crowd of people all turned to face him, staring at him. Noticing him. Seeing him.
- Loneliness:The fact that he does sometimes long for company and... dare we say it... human affection, is the young man's greatest secret. It's only since he's come of age that he's started longing for something, and it kills him that he doesn't understand what it is.
- Success:He dreams of having his own stable, living in a modest house and being left largely in peace and quiet.
what winds beneath your feet?
- Father:Noren Arys Shiro Tysek - Deceased
- Mother:Sylvia Heara Naugh Tysek - Deceased
- Historical Events:
- Birth:Mother died during childbirth, father descended into grief.
- Given up:Father gave Cyras up to the orphanage in Faewin at 8 months old, before taking his own life.
- Growing up:Growing up in the orphanage, Cyras regularly sneaked out and learned to evade detection.
- Came of age:Grew to be old enough to be released to the big wide world, and has been living on the streets ever since.
- Begins pickpocketing:Realising that he can't realistically survive legally on the streets, he begins to stalk targets and relieve them of their purses, tortured all the while by his own sense of right and wrong. He encounters trouble a few times (hence the scar on his arm), but is generally moderately successful.
what hands ignite your fires?
- OOC Display Name:Lea
- Real Name:Leanne/Lea
- Experience:Uh, wow. Been roleplaying since I was about 16, I think?
- Tamed Horse(s):n/a
- Untamed Horse(s):n/a