Sept 13, 2014 9:25:29 GMT -6 Word Count:via mobile
Post by Astryd Clarayone on Sept 13, 2014 9:25:29 GMT -6
Never follow the wind
- Name:Astryd Clarayone
- Pronunciation:AS-trihd clair-ah-YOH-nay
- Meaning:to her parents, it meant, "hope. A fire within. The determination to never give up"
- Nickname(s):Astor, Astry, Treat
- Gender:Physically Female. (Sometimes she tries to identify as male)
- Age:10 years
what mortar ties your bones?
- Breed:Clydesdale x Fresian x Unknown
- Build:She has a very thick, musculature build. Tall, heavily compact; she's precisely chiseled to stand an impressive image. She has a thick neck, and a wide, deep chest. Strong eye definition gives her an almost spooky appearance.
- Pelt:A heavy midnight blue, which holds the appearance of purple creeping in.
- Mane:A yummy dark chocolate, deep enough to make you wanna eat it!
- Tail:A yummy dark chocolate, with ashy grey 'tips''.
- Eyes:Deep, dark red. Like the color of fresh blood breaking through the skin surface.
- Height:15 hands
- Hooves:jet black
- Marks:Small white and black hairs creep in through her pelt, the white ones giving her pelt the appearance of 'stars' dotting her complexion.
what boils such beating blood?
- Key Traits:
- Stubborn:Astryd is an extremely stubborn individual. Although she's willing to listen to reason to understand the "facts", when it comes to doing something she has to have it her way. Once she's figured out just how she thinks anything should be done, there's no changing her mind. And if she thinks she knows a topic of discussion well enough, there's no changing her mind!
- Rational:Even though she calls it being rational, it's more like not being emotionally attached. Generally speaking, she can listen to both sides and judge any case. She ignores the emotional gimmicks used to pull on your heart strings, and focuses on what actually happened. She hardly cares about WHY you did it, if she doesn't agree with the facts then you're in the wrong.
- Impatience:She's far from the most patient creature out there! Astryd is the type to start counting down on you when she feels like you're taking too long. She doesn't like waiting on anything without having a reason. Even if it's telling her something as simple as shushing up to listen for danger, she may confront you on just why she needs to hush up!
- Imaginaries:This is the strangest quirk to set her apart from others. Astryd speaks out loud when she has troubling issues on her mind. Often seen as "talking to the air", she maintains a firm grip on 'reality' as she communicates with nothing more than her own self. If that wasn't bad enough, she'll even answer herself!
- Worker Bee:She absolutely loves to keep herself busy! If she's doing nothing, it's only because she's resting herself. However, even if she isn't physically doing something, her mind is constantly at work! Always brainstorming and drafting new concepts, it's a wonder her ever gets any sleep at all! She's often finding something out there to keep herself occupied.
- Battles:Astryd loves to duel with others. Although she doesn't care to actually fight individuals, she loves to test her strength against other horses. Although she can admit defeat, she truly believes that it's never over until she wins.
- "Babies":Astryd loves anything in it's infancy stage. She's the crazy wanna-be mother, who often steals the babies of others to claim as her own. It doesn't even have to be a horse - so long as it's too young to care for itself, she will easily kidnap it to care for herself.
- Herds:She appreciates the safety in small numbers mentality. She knows that life is a dangerous, treacherous journey, and believes that only those who overcome their differences to unite as a whole will ever truly know what it's like to feel "safe". She also understands that you have to trust those you're apart of a herd with, not just trust the strength of the herd itself. When trust is broken, then hell is unleashed.
- Hierarchy:She does appreciate a herd. However, she truly feels that they can operate without forming an actual hierarchy. When you place yourself above others, she knows they tend to become envious. She doesn't think she'll ever change the usual pecking order, but she hopes that one day they'll realize how pointless it all is.
- Arguments:Astryd doesn't like verbal aggression. She finds it pointless. When two speak aggressively, they fight with words as if physical force scared them. Astryd is more likely to try to beat the tail off of someon, than to waste her breath trying to preach her side of an argument. If you're angry and you're brave, use your brute strength is her motto.
- Unicorns:Simply put - a horse isn't meant to have wings, if she can't/doesn't have wings.
- Physicality:Astryd is all about her musculature. She loves exercising to strengthen herself. Whenever she meets sometime better then herself, it's a life lesson that she needs to strive harder to be even better. It's also why she loves friendly battles so much.
- Intelligence:She catches on quickly. She loves to catch the patterns to things to life. She'll sit back and watch the world at large, if only to understand it better and to deduce the rationale behind the chaotic disorder to things.
- Speed:She is by far no means slow. However, her muscles tend to hold back most of her speed. Whilst she can move pretty swiftly in many ways, she can't keep it up and she's far from the fastest thing out there. She'll try to keep up with the best of them, but prefers to use her physical strength to win her wars.
- Emotion:Astryd usually appears to be devoid of emotions. She tries to fake it on most days, but she simply can't relate to such matters. As such, death affects her in an odd way, and she usually has a hard time adequately showing off her happiness.
- Death:She is secretly afraid to die. She works herself out and keeps herself in shape, all in her best attempts to increase her likelihood of survival. The thing she hates the most about death is the unknown aspect. Though she'll most likely die one day, but she doesn't know when that iA.D.
- Humans:Her secret is that she absolutely adores human beings. She loves the flavor and texture of their flesh - and more. They amaze and inspire her. Everything about the two-leggers intrigue her. She truly loves the concept of them, and could follow in suit with one just as well as she could kill and eat one.
- Destruction of Order:One of her biggest dreams is the destruction of all social orders in society. She contemplates on it often, hoping and dreaming that one day it could come true. It's her biggest hope for all horses and all creatures alike. She feels like nothing can truly ever be peaceful or "right" with the world until everyone sheds off their preconceptions of what reality is and how everything "must" work out.
what shatters beneath those hooves?
- Sire:Demitruse Clarayone
- Dam:Vivitua Xitruse-Clarayone
- Historical Events:
- Graduation:As soon as she could run, Astryd was thrown into a tough, rigorous combat training 'school'. Taught by her father, and rarely her mother, they locked her up and tortured her only to toughen her up. They only did such things to make her the best - to prepare her for what this world had to throw at her. Starting or with simple brawls with her father, they often evolved it into contests of life and death. They poisoned many of her meals, or made her choose between a poisoned meal and a normal one, to strengthen her mind. They would also entrap her in mazes and dark caves -aiming to lock her away or to completely lose her. They meant to make her find her way back from these treacherous feats. She never despised them for it, however. For everything, they would always be waiting and ready to rescue her if she couldn't figure it out. Her life was for preparation only - for, as they told her every night, this life was a cruel and harsh one. But it could always be a lovely one, one day.
- Human Child:One day, she came across a small human girl. Before then, she only had stories to go off of, of what humans were supposedly like. She didn't see this little lass as a dangerous thing. Such a sweet girl, with a powerfully blue mane and no tail, galloping about on only her two back legs whilst her front limbs dangled in front of her. She followed in the quiet, hiding often from site and returning to the meadow this girl liked to visit.
One day, she braved it. She snuck out in the bare of the world, wide eyed and curious, and neighed towards the strange creature. From there, a happy friendship blossomed, where the two would gallop through the Meadows together, just enjoying each other's company. She didn't know the lass's name, but instead called her Asyria. Or "Pet".
One day, her parents caught her out with her pet, and they slaughtered the creature in front if their daughter. When Astryd tasted the meat, she learned that the things you love most can also become meals in times of need.
- The Dream:Astryd was wondering one day when everything disappeared. She saw the world change drastically, where she aged rapidly, then returned to infancy in the blink of an eye. A large, deep red moon hung over head as she watched herself - old in age - rescued by a human and returned to the wild, before being slaughtered by a rogue horse. Then watched as everything melted underneath her, reshaped, and became the world as she currently knew it. Everything faded to black, and she came to, sleeping in a bed of thick, greenish-red flowers. It was the strangest dream she ever had, but it buried itself deep in her subconscious. What did it all mean?
- Dead Mother:Her mother's death was the hardest thing that should have ever hit her. When she was out frolicking in her favorite meadow, a large venomous feline slipped into their little Sanctuary. It cornered her parents.
Her father ended up killing it only after he found his mate seized in the big cat's jaws, blood and poison dripping from it's lips.
However, the funeral left her empty. She couldn't recall feeling anything - happiness, sadness, grief - she felt absolutely nothing. Only days of endless searching finally let it sink in that her mother was dead. Truly, dead.
- The Herd:Once, a strange herd invited her to join them. When she declined, they claimed her parents' home by force. The little cave overlooking a meadow was all she had after her mother's death, and eventually the disappearance of her father. Although at first she tried to fight them off, she gave up and high tailed it early on. They tried to capture her as well, and almost succeeded. She misses her old paradise, but knows deep down she can never return.
what reins in the thrashing wind?
- OOC Display Name:Crystal
- Real Name:Christina
- Experience:rping since 2005ish
- Tamed Horse(s):
- Untamed Horse(s):Astryd Clarayone