A'Oula Belundil D'Nua-Li'Brea
Apr 23, 2013 11:59:05 GMT -6 Word Count:
Post by A'Oula Belundil D'Nua-Li'Brea on Apr 23, 2013 11:59:05 GMT -6
A'Oula Belundil D'Nua-Li'Brea
DON'T CALL ME PRINCESS, DAMMIT
- Name:A'Oula Belundil D'Nua-Li'Brea
- Pronunciation:"ah-OO-lah | bay-loon-deal | Du-New-ah | La-Bray
- Meaning:unknown ( i totally forget the translation xD )
- Nickname(s):Owl ( friends ) Bel ( family ) Li'Brea ( everyone else )
what masks that sultry smile?
- Skin:pale lavender-blue gradient to dark violet on hands, face and feet
- Hair:sky blue-mauve-lavendar gradient with dark violet stripes. ( extremely long )
- Eyes:gold with deep molten gold-red around the pupil
- Build:lithe, athletic, dancer-like build, muscled but trim and feminine
- Marks:dark violet stripes on arms, shoulders, face, legs, hips, from spine, etc. light blue stripes on ears, lower arms, and lower legs. medium sky-blue spots on face, shoulders and hips.
- Items:none currently ( - coming soon - )
- Face Claim:Ayumi Hamasaki
what lurks within those eyes?
- Key Traits:
- TEMPER:Directly proportionate to the stupidity that surrounds her, A'Oula has a quick temper, or a slow temper. The more idiotic remarks she hears, the quicker her temper flares and the sooner she starts to correct morons. She has absolutely no time for stupid and won't hesitate to let everyone around her know this.
- PRIDE:A'Oula is incredibly proud of herself, her abilities, and the things people say about her. Because of this she's easily offended by 'one wrong word'. Like any offended woman you don't want to be on A'Oula's bad side. She doesn't get even, she gets revenge on a broken scale. On the other hand as long as you sing praise to the thief she won't ever see you as anything to get mean to. This, of course, has caused her to develop an enormous ego, but more on that later.
- EGOTISTIC:well, sort of. A'Oula does have a massive ego, and it can get annoying to those that manage to become close friends of hers, but she doesn't always let it get in her way. She does, however, like to stroke her ego and protects it from bruising. Just. . . tread lightly around A'Oula, anything can be taken 'the wrong way' depending on the mood she's in.
- MOODY:who, A'Oula? Never! Well, she'd never admit it but she is quite moody. In fact you can say she's eternally PMSing, but not to her face. She's snarky, irritable ( stupidity is her biggest trigger ) and has that enormous ego that always needs feeding. If she's not quick to jump down your throat then she's quick to bitch- about anything else.
- PAIN TOLERANCE:she, ah, has none. Absolutely none. Any and all pain will lead to her having the biggest fit in the world. You want emphasis on a limp? A'Oula will give you plenty of emphasis. She could be lightly bruised and she'd still act like something was broken. It's just the way she is.
- WIT:well, she has to be witty to be annoyed by stupidity so it should go without saying that A'Oula stressed her education growing up. It should also go without saying that the smarter she got, the lower her tolerance for stupidity became.
- PESSIMISM:very little in A'Oula's world is tight, bright, and shiny. Unless it has to do with her special skill set, unique appearance, or the shiny things that go glitter in the day it's got to had a bad connotation in A'Oula's world. But, really, who can blame her?
- SECRETIVE:so, A'Oula, how was life growing up? ( - silence - ) you won't get word one out of A'Oula for anything, her life, the precious bauble she stole, her targets, anything. Unless it's about her ego. But still, even then her loud and obnoxious ravings tend to lean more towards "lies" and "trickery" than to the truth.
- FLIRTATIOUS:well, she isn't always tempted to flirt but if it'll help her out in the long run then she'll do it. She almost never flirts 'to flirt' and is almost never 'sincere' behind the flirt. It's always to gain information, money, or get within hands-reach of your purse. Of course, unless you 'know' A'Oula you won't realize this, but still. On the flip side she's a complete idiot at recognizing when a guy ( or even girl ) is actually sincerely flirting with her. She can spot a fake a mile away and will jump into that game head first but it completely sails right past her when you're sincere. She's just. . . so. . . pretty-bird!
- Shadowing Others:Not quite Stalking; she likes to 'shadow' others, or tail them. If you need someone stalked Owl's your girl. She isn't afraid of the grime in dark alleys and will keep that tail until told otherwise.
- Stealing:it started out as a necessity for survival and has since become a hobby. The more complex the theft or the more important the victim/item the greater the thrill. Tighter guards only encourage her.
- Learning:you're never too old to learn. Owl refuses to stop learning. It's a passion and as long as there's something out there to learn, she'll learn it. This does mean yes she can fight, defend herself, and run. She's just better at being a thief and all.
- Roof-Walking:there's nothing like scrambling across loose roof tiles and slanted walls in the middle of the night to get her blood pumping. Whether she's got a target in mind or is just walking for the hell of it, Owl has made Roof-Walking into an art form.
- New Moons:the less light there is in the sky at night, the better. So she adores New Moons and the 'dead' feeling of the night.
- Overcast Night/Day:if it's nice and cloudy but the weather holds Owl will be more than happy to abuse the situation and make off with plenty of goods.
- People Watching:body language, language, appearances, interaction, etc. Owl is obsessed with studying people and prides herself on her keen eye.
- Gold:shiny, yellow metal worth more than her life in large enough quantities? Hell yeah she likes it!
- Gems:the semi-precious and precious kind, none of that costume-jewelry for Owl!
- Storms:well, it forces her in off the streets and suddenly she has to spend money rather than make money. Owl doesn't like that.
- Forgers/Forgery:forgers and their false Gold Coins really tick Owl off. She's not a pick-pocket most of the time these days but she still stumbles across them. When found it takes everything she has in self-control not to slit their throats.
- Bright Nights:unfortunately the brighter the night the more people there are on the streets making her job harder. Not that she doesn't enjoy the thrill of a good chase or practicing her skills -she does - she just doesn't like being forced into such situations rather then spontaneously choosing to do something during the day.
- Snoots/Snobs:the quickest way to lose your purse, and everything you own, around Owl is to be a snob. Not only will she burgle you, but she'll leave pretty notes behind every time she does so.
- "Princess":it's a snide comment these days. Being called "Princess" is her biggest pet peeve and it doesn't matter how much bigger than her you are, if you say it then she'll attack you.
- Rats/Snitches:When your world and survival revolves around secrecy and keeping identities and trusting the unscrupulous you learn to hate snitches/rats and get them before they can get you got. Once known as a rat/snitch you'll always be a rat/snitch. She's one enemy a rat/snitch makes that they can never un-make.
- Puzzles:Owl loves puzzles. However challenging they may be she adores them. Because of this she's gotten to be an excellent lock pick. After all, a lock is just one great big puzzle hidden inside itself and the door!
- Stealth:well, if she wasn't good at keeping her presence unknown she wouldn't make it in the world as a thief, now would she?
- Tailing/Stalking:tailing others is a big strength of hers. She's so observant of people and her surroundings ( provided she managed to stay away from elixirs ) that she enjoys, and has become good at, following people. From the nonchalant market-goer that happens to go everywhere with you a few yards behind to the unnoticed shadow deep in the recesses of the streets. She thinks it's just another great-big-puzzle to solve. One that requires not getting caught and reading the body language of her target without the benefit of facial expressions.
- Grifting:a new hobby that has vastly grown into a wild obsession. Because of her need to keep nightly and daily lives seperate and her love of secrets and puzzles Owl has learned much of the art of Grifting, though she could be better at it. Protraying up to 6 personalities is a skill of hers now that she doesn't reveal and rarely abuses. Two of these personalities are daily/nightly but the rest are for emergencies only.
- Vanity:Owl is incredibly vain and shallow and it's a deep weakness. If she's not shadowing someone then her appearance has to be just so otherwise all hope is lost. She hates complements on her appearance on 'bad days' and is very particular about her outfits.
- Heavily Guarded Items:if you're begging Owl to steal from you then put as much protection as you can on the item, or establishment. She'll find it to be a delightful challenge and won't be able to restrain herself from making the target.
- The Sauce:despite it being imperative that a thief be in control of their every movement at every time and be aware of the world around them, Owl is easily tempted into inebriation and bad choices. Because of this she tries her best to avoid venders.
- Capture:she's deathly terrified of rotting in prison or having her hands cut off for theft. because of this she does everything she can to avoid capture and will give up the goose if it turns out that capture is too close at hand.
- Love & Family:Owl, being who and what she is, fears love. She's always feared it, always run away from it. Part of it is that she doesn't want to end up a Matriarch and part of it is that she can't grasp giving part of herself to someone and they in turn.
- Business Woman:Deep down inside Owl wants to be a respectable business woman. Oh, she'll never give up thievery entirely but she'll always wish she could 'settle down' ( by herself of course ) and run a business. Perhaps something like a Pawn Shop. . . or a Thieves Guild, now that's a respectable business!
- Orphan:she won't let anyone know this but she grew up an Orphan. Abandoned straight from birth there was no chance for her to know or miss her parents. Because of this she has a strong love for Orphans and is always finding a way to assist the Orphanage she grew up in.
- Family:despite being absolutely terrified of families and love A'Oula does dream of what it would be like to have one. Her dreams consist, more, of being the child in the family. Of having parents, and siblings, and growing up in a real home.
- Parents:well, simply put, she dreams of finding her parents. Although it would be ridiculously hard considering her appearance - she hasn't met anyone that looks anything like her so that's not a clue - she's still determined. It's part of why she remains a thief, so long as she can quietly break into anyones home she can keep looking.
what winds beneath your feet?
- Historical Events:
Owl was orphaned at birth. Dropped on the doorstep to an unofficial Orphanage in Morrene. This was neither an unprecedented or unusual ocurrance, though more is usually known about the abandoned children and parents are usually seen dropping them off at the location. No one recalls seeing anyone abandoning Owl. All they can ever tell her is that she was a little blue-cream silk wrapped bundle with a small note containing her name. Her appearance, while again not unusual, was unique and unmatched by the other children of the Orphanage. She was brought in out of the cold, it wasn't yet winter but autumn was not particularly kind at night, and her life began there.
Owl was treated as nothing special compared to her fellow orphans yet at the same time always given special treatment - according to her fellow orphans. Where they would have gotten into deep trouble she was given only a slap on the wrist. Because of this supposed special treatment she became ostracized from the other children. This, if you ever asked Owl, was quite alright with her. She didn't want to be surrounded by 'all that stupid' anyway. She thought it would 'contaminate' her.
In truth it was young Owl's studies that put her apart from the rest of the children. While education was not an enforced thing in Morrene the Orphan Mother had other opinions on the matter and provided for the children at early stages. Owl not only succeeded in learning quickly she excelled at learning. She absorbed everything like a wet sponge and very quickly figured out what the difference was between the truth/honesty and sarcasm/lies. This didn't mean she understood that lying was bad, she just understood the difference between the two and never repeated sarcasm or dishonesty with the intention of sounding smart. Hell, she rarely repeated anything that wasn't intelligent because she wanted to always be perceived as smart!
She was boosted through the free studies of the Orphanage at a young age, moving up to the lessons taken by older children, lessons the Orphan Mother contracted out. The only thing that held her back most years was the physical lessons and chores. Owl was never good at physical lessons such as bowing and curtseying correctly or the hard-labor chores. She was always such a slight, petite young thing that most things were too difficult for her.
This became something for the other Orphans to mock her about and she, in a fit of rage, showed them and the Orphan mother, that she was good at fighting. Disappointed in Owl, the Orphan Mother gave her a 'harsh' punishment of assisting a nearby stable while they were short a stable hand. She learned from there how to be quick on her feet and how to climb things such as walls, roofs, and rafters without disturbing the generally volatile charges.
The 'punishment' quickly turned into a game and a passtime for Owl as she befriended the Stable Master, the old Stable Hand, and the customers. She never grew tired of dodging the irritable horses attempts at biting or kicking her and she was always looking for a new and unusual way of doing things. It didn't help that the stablehand that was later hired was a young boy her age that doubled as a thief at night and told her wild tales of his adventures while they worked, and taught her new things. She was always one for learning.
Because she grew to love being at the stables ( and because it was the Orphanage that was 'paid' weekly wages for her 'punishment' ) she found ways to get sent back there all the time. After that first fight it wasn't unusual to find Owl 'losing' her temper with one of the 'stupid kids' when her punishment time was over. And it only got worse when she was assigned another duty as punishment until the Orphan Mother would return her back to the stables and her friends.Wonder Child Oh-Yeah
On the night that Owl became a teenager she still hadn't grown much bigger than the scrawny child she had been, though she was obviously turning out to be female under her ragtag clothes and the dirt that covered her when she worked. She continued to excel at her studies.
She turned down offers of apprenticeships in local business', preferring to focus on her studies until there was nothing left to study besides religious affairs- and she had absolutely no interest in religious affairs. When she was about 37 years old her studies ceased and she went to work, for real, in the stables she had all but grown up in.
It was around this time that the Orphanage was forced to make an Ultimatum with her. When she wasn't working at the stables she was working in the Orphanage as a private tutor to the other orphans in exchange for living there. it was that or get out. She really didn't fancy being homeless.
Finally able to really afford clothing Owl made an effort in her appearance and learned, very quickly, that she was very pretty when cleaned up. What was it called? Oh yes 'cleaning up good'. She could pass as a small but older woman when she really tried hard enough, could even make people believe she was perfectly harmless and give her money. This was when her thieving friend became a true instructor to her.
He wasted no time in teaching her to manipulate men in particular and showing her how to utilize the skills she'd developed while working in the stables. He always seemed to ignore the fact that she was a girl and because he never seemed aware of it Owl never paid attention to it herself. It wasn't until this long time friend tried to say something to her that she didn't want to hear that Owl realized he had only been pretending that he didn't notice his long time friend was a maturing young woman.
Horrified Owl had a fight with him - one of the worse fights she'd ever been in in her life. It left them quiet and tense in the stables when they worked during the day and made lessons harder to get through at night when he was showing her how to burgle houses. It seemed to, however, put at ease the fact that she didn't appreciate his attention the way he had hoped she would and he put it behind them.
three years later, at 40 years of age and growing into her young adult life, Owl made a horribly stupid mistake while burglarizing a house. She picked one with a too light of sleeper and a Constable to-boot. Her friend took the fall for it and she didn't see him again for seven months. The last time she saw him was in the gallows, weeks dead, without a last word from her. Surprisingly this hurt Owl more than she thought it would have. Devastated she devoted the rest of that year to making the Constables life hell until he was as dead as her friend was. That was not a happy time for Owl.The Red Handed Bandit
After the death of the Constable that had captured her friend, Owl made it a bit of a point to be an ass at the Orphanage. To retaliate the Orphan Mother threw the note she was abandoned with in her face and told her to 'get out and stay out'. This, of course, did not go over well with Owl. The argument lasted a few hours and ended with Owl finally leaving swearing she'd find her parents and prove that they existed!
With a new goal in life A'Oula set out to tear the city apart looking for her parents. She was unsuccessful in this venture though she did manage to get caught three times and escape all three times. The first time was when she broke into a fairly wealthy Inn to rob the visitors blind in the night. Guards had been posted at the front and back entrances - which only encouraged her to target the Inn. They caught her and were carting her off to the prison when she terrorized the horse drawing the portable cell.
The beast gave it his all in fighting to get free and free he got! The cell collapsed into pieces from the force of the stallions kicking and the guards took off after the horse more worried about catching him before he killed some body than securing the petty thief they had been transporting. That was capture and escape number one.
The second time happened in the market place when she picked one too many pockets and didn't leave like she should have. An off-duty guard grabbed her by the arm and insisted she 'empty her pockets' for him. The victims noticed their missing purses and reclaimed them as she revealed them from various locations on her person. The guard proceeded to drag her up through the city towards the prison. Her escape was more on the side of talking her way out of his grasp and then roof walking before he could grab her again. He still remembers her and any time she's in town he looks for her and keeps a hawk eye on her for a second chance at capturing her.
The third, and final, attempt at capturing her that ended in her escape was more successful. Owl was actually listed in the books at the prison and thrown into a cell before she was able to escape due in full to an accidental fire set by one of the younger guards. Many prisoners died in the condemned building but a few escaped. The smart escaped. Owl was one of the escapees.
Because she had been taken all the way to the prison she had assumed a second identity among the guards. Known to them only as "The Owl" they believed she died in the prison fire and bandy her name around as though she were a ghost, a legend, worth telling around a camp fire and, dead or alive, she was a legend. The Owl had a knack for getting the job done whether she picked it or was hired to do it and had eluded the guard after capture twice - something entirely unheard of among criminals!
What they didn't know was that she had eluded them three times after capture and was still walking around proudly holding her head high - and correcting anyone who misspeaks the Owls name and tale. After all, she can't have a living legend told incorrectly!
what hands ignite your fires?
- OOC Display Name:M.I.A.
- Real Name:Amariah
- Experience:too long- over 8 years now, maybe 10? 11? I don’t math well
- Tamed Horse(s):
- Untamed Horse(s):Cobra Starship* needs converting
Arra Dagon* needs converting
- Human(s):Cloelia Kallisto Photine* wip