Sept 10, 2014 3:45:40 GMT -6 Word Count:
Post by Arcane Maedre on Sept 10, 2014 3:45:40 GMT -6
Why Cry When Angels Deserve To Die?
- Name:Arcane Maedre
- Pronunciation:Arc-ane Ma-e-dre
- Meaning:Arcane - secret
Maedre - thunder/flame
- Nickname(s):Windwalker, but prefers to be called by his real name
what mortar ties your bones?
- Build:Build like a baroque Friesian. Strong and muscular, but not bulky.
- Mane:Long, wavy and black. The mane drags on the ground when he walks.
- Tail:Same as mane.
- Eyes:Pitch black
- Height:17.3 hh
- Hooves:Dark brown
- Marks:A few feathers stick out from his shoulder where his wings used to be. On the left side they are white. Small scars scatered around his body, but none on his face.
what boils such beating blood?
- Key Traits:
- Polite:Arcane is well spoken and hides sarcasm and insults with pretty words. He raraely swears or use bad words, as it is beneath him.
- Quiet:He does not talk much when in a group, but if you get him alone, he'll open up more.
- Schizophrenic:Feeling his body being occupied by two souls, he comes across as schizophrenic and unstable. His mood can change in an instant and you never really know who you are talking to.
- Angry:He holds on to his anger from the past as tightly as some cling to life. It's not much that will spark his anger, but he'll rather use words to harm others than to actully fight.
- Dark:Inside his mind, he carries dark thought of everything, and often sees the evil in people before the good. It's hard for him to feel happy when he knows what the world is capable of, so in an attempt to shield himself, he walks down the road of darkess and solitude.
- Water:Arcane has always loved the water and you can often find him knee deep in it when the dark thoughts are at their worst. It soothes him in a way few other things can and sometimes, it gives a taste of how it is to fly.
- Hearts:Nothing is better for lunch than a dripping, warm heart. It is the first thing he eats when a kill is presented, as it may be his way of trying to replace his own.
- Mares:Mares are always nice and some of his fondest memories involves one or two of the amazing beings. He trusts them more than stallions and sometimes he's even capable of falling for one.
- The Woods:It is his favourite place to be, as the hiding is good and the darkness of his coat often works as a wonderful disguise. It's one of the places he goes to when he needs to be alone with his thoughts and he can stay there for weeks.
- Fights:Even though he comes across as a war veteran, Arcane has one been in one fight in his entire life. He does not like to fight against others and would rather just slip away unseen or let the other horse beat him to death.
- Crowds:If there's more than one horse, he'll close himself up and most likely not say a word. The reason for this behavior is that he does not trust easily and therefore thinks that all the others will turn against him.
- Thistles:He absolutely hates thistles with all his heart. The plants have only brought pain and suffering to his life, so each time he spots one, he goes into kill-mode.
- Pain:Arcane loves pain. He welcomes it like the sun on a clouded day and will even go so far as to hurt himself to get a taste of the rush and blood.
- Loyal:Despite the schizophrenic trait, Arcane is loyal to the bone if he cares enough about someone.
- Affection:If someone of the female gender shows affection towards Arcane, he will become as soft as a bunny. The thought of the mare will flood his mind and make it hard for him to think straight. Therefore he desperately seeks for affection and love and for all the wrong reasons.
- Flying:He spent his entire youth wondering why he broke his wing and therefore became unable to fly. To this day, he have no problem answering why he is wing-less, but it's harder to explain why he could not fly.
- Maedre:Arcane lives in constant fear of loosing his humanity and become a vessel of destruction. He firmly believes his twin brother's soul is inside of him and often he battles against the darkness.
- Suicidal:Arcane is suicidal and spends a lot of time plotting about his own death. This is not something he speaks about, since it shows just how weak he truly is.
- Freedom:With all his heart, he wishes to be free of the prison he built around himself, and to truly live and be happy. If the drk thoughs dies and he controls his body once more, he'll be free.
what shatters beneath those hooves?
- Sire:Ragnarok (deceased)
- Dam:Arika (deceased)
- Sibling(s):Maedre (deceased)
- Historical Events:
- Birth and pain:Born into a herd of nomadic pegasi as the second son of Ragnarok and Arika, and twin to Maedre. Jealousy soon sparked between the twins as Arcane became the favourite son and Maedre soon got an opportunity to cripple his brother as a fight between Raganrok and another stallion raged. In the chaos that followed, Arcane was pushed in the middle and got badly hurt. His left wing broke badly and ensured he would never be able to fly. Maedre could not be happier.
- Alone:When his wing never healed as it should, the herd had no choice but to leave Arcane behind. It forced him to survive on his own at a young age and he managed it by hiding in the woods.
- Good vs Evil:A short while after Arcane entered manhood, he found his family and herd again. Maedre had grown up and taken a high position within the ranks and laid claim on the mare Arcane had fell in love with as a young colt. Seeing his brother's success, Arcane lost it and murdered Maedre in cold blood. Still covered in blood and fresh scars, he ate the heart before he turned against the herd, killing the youngsters and breaking the wings of others. To finish them off and make them pay for their betrayal, he drove them off a cliff and watched horse after horse hit the rocky bottom. He felt nothing.
- Fate:Becoming more and more unstable, Arcane began to roam the land and made his first friend, Africa. She could not fly either, since one of her wings were ripped off by another horse. They soon became close and as a plague swept the land, they found shelter in caves. Surrounded by others and with no place to go, Arcane's mind took a turn for the worst and in one of his darkest moment, he stripped his wings for feathers and flesh. After breaking the bones, other's found him and was able to keep him alive.
- The truth:Feeling whole for the first time, Arcane came clear about his feeling for Africa, but as she was not ready to share hers, the last hope of a normal life slipped away. He broke her down with his words and they never found their way back to eachother. Alone and hurt, he left it all behind.
what reins in the thrashing wind?