I. To register, click on "profile" to the bottom right of the cbox.
II. Match your cbox name with your ooc account's display name.
III. Alcryst is home to any and all, so please refrain from ignoring or excluding guests and members or forming cliques.
IV. No IC soliciation or advertisement.
V. It is impolite to pressure someone into posting if it seems to make them uncomfortable. Err on the side of caution whenever unsure.
VI. To let someone know you posted for them, please tag them in your thread so they receive proper notification, rather than alerting them each time with the cbox.
VII. If you feel ignored, do your best to involve yourself in the conversation. Should you still seem excluded despite your true efforts, message a staff member or use our Grievances board so we can help ensure this doesn't happen again, to you or anyone else. A friendly community is important to us! Don't worry, we will always be discreet and professional.
VIII. We are all friends and certainly want to share with one another, but please keep awkward topics to more appropriate areas, like Palaver, an instant messenger, or private messaging, whenever possible. Though there's no black-and-white description, such conversations may be overly personal, particularly dark or depressive, uncomfortably vulgar, clearly one-sided or unappreciated, highly controversial like religion or politics, combative, exclusive, or otherwise cause a sense of tension.
IX. If a guest or new member has a question, try to cite sources when answering (such as a link to an official thread) or let a staff member handle it. We don't want incorrect information passed along!
X. Should a troll or troublemaker post in the cbox, ignore them and promptly message a staff member so we can ban them. It's key that you don't respond to them! That just feeds the nasty little creatures.
XI. Don't ask a staff member to perform a staff task through the cbox. Task requests should be made through Invocation. Feel free to alert staff when you first post a new Invocation thread, though, as they might've missed it.
The golden rule is simple:
Treat everyone with the respect you desire.
Don't pester, pressure, or push...
And treat everyone with a smile. :)
I. You may post any Alcryst-related promotions in the adbox. This includes but is not limited to: plots, roleplay threads, IC or OOC contests/games, occupational services, wanted ads, shop sales, art/code requests/sales, herds, guilds, and anything else that requires other members to participate or view.
II. The adbox may only be used for advertisement. You may not respond in the adbox nor may you discuss its content in the cbox. Feel free to make use of threads and PMs to converse on the topic.
III. Advertisements must be posted by the account most logically related to them. For example, a stand sale would be posted by the merchant's account.
IV. There is a limit of 1 post per collective advertisement, meaning you have 256 characters to convey your message and may not continue onto a 2nd post. This includes links. Note: you can remove board/thread names from the end of Alcryst URLs and they will still function so long as the ID number is intact. For example, http://alcryst.forums.net/board/1 is a functioning link despite the removal of the board name.
V. The adbox shows up to 20 posts. There may only be 1 visible post advertising the same event at a time. Therefore, you may repost the same promotion once your original post expires. You may also delete and repost your advertisement, effectively bumping it to the top, once a week at most.
VI. To delete a post, click on the X to the far right of your post. To edit one, hover your cursor over your post and select the "edit" option that appears. Deleted posts disappear immediately without confirmation and are not retrievable. Edited posts say [edited] to the left of their timestamp.
VII.Classifieds contains a comprehensive list of what may be advertised as well as additional solicitation options.
central standard time [follows daylight savings]
Winter until ##/##/##
Winter has frosted Alcryst like the cold blush of a corpse, hardening every surface with frigid ice searing through the depths of its heart. The plants are lethargic and slow, the sky is desaturated and dull, and the wind is a violent gale ripping apart flesh and soil alike.
malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Vestibulum tortor quam, feugiat vitae, ultricies eget, tempor Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Vestibulum tortor quam, feugiat vitae, ultricies eget, tempor sit amet, ante. Donec eu libero sit amet quam egestas semper. Aenean ultricies mi vitae est. Mauris placerat eleifend leo. Suggest our next OTM category here!
malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Vestibulum tortor quam, feugiat vitae, ultricies eget, tempor Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Vestibulum tortor quam, feugiat vitae, ultricies eget, tempor sit amet, ante. Donec eu libero sit amet quam egestas semper. Aenean ultricies mi vitae est. Mauris placerat eleifend leo. Suggest a new featured thread here!
Welcome to the relaunch of Alcryst! Every system has been polished and inch scoured to ensure the site is sleek, pristine, and ready for our members! To any returning members, it's wonderful to see you again, and to all new members, we cannot wait for you to join our family.
A realistic horse SIM featuring beautiful art, a wide variety of options, and unparalleled detail
Please click each to vote daily
Theme and coding credit to Brady of Alcryst.
Logo and board header images created by Ruanly of DeviantArt.
Concept and content credited to Brady of Alcryst.
Membergroup icons created by Steamfaun & MagpieOnMars of DeviantArt.
All posts, characters, and individual content credited to their corresponding roleplayer.
- Created by a woman (first name Ardora?) so devoted to Adoyne that she tries to create creatures in the goddess’ image to serve her, care for the shrines/temples, created mostly to be protectors of nature as well as those seeking sanctuary or those in need. Called - “Adoyne’s Children” They are designed to serve and protect sacred and divine life etc and therefore cannot kill other creatures or they will go mad and have to be destroyed. They would be mostly female in appearance (males rare) because Adoyne was feminine.
- Humanoid creatures created by imbuing a “soul” or an entity’s “life-force” energy w/e into certain elements (clay, wood, stone, water, ice, metal, even gems, jewels). Considering the idea that the soul has to be given willingly, or else the golem can get corrupted and the Golem can go mad. Unsure about this “soul” thing though, thinking maybe they are animated entirely from magic/made in some way that people might view them as actually being “without soul” or something cruel like that, especially in a world where everything has a soul rite?? Maybe the idea that trapping a soul into an alien form is seen as “corrupting” or convoluting it and making them be seen as something monstrous?
Their physical forms are mostly humanoid and vary in size, from large (maybe almost giant-like) to small (like a small animal-size or something), but reflect whatever element the soul is imbued in (e.g. a golem made from a tree could have bark for skin, roots growing from their arms/limbs, leaf hair etc ). If magic is imbued into the bones of an animal, the golem will be humanoid but with anthropomorphic traits of whatever animal the bone is from.
- When created, they are magically tattooed or marked with a trio of symbols of creation, called Writs, on their forehead that is invisible except when the right word or command is spoken; this is basically how they are brought to “life”, commanded to do something and then put to “death.” Writ of Life/Breath, Writ of Devotion -> Writ of Servitude, Writ of Ash/Dust/ T H E V O I D.
Death might be actually a freeing of the golem from its physical form. The Writs for life and death are the same for all of them, but their “devout” Writ (the one that makes them follow a command) is unique to each golem upon animation. Thinking it is usually their name or something. hard to workaround, but they cannot speak their own name ?
- Essentially the plot behind them is they were created to be spiritual and divine beings of purity and protection and love. Some scheming person (calling them Usurper for now) comes along and earns the trust of the Creator, eventually betrays and imprisons her and forces her to teach him/her the process of animation/creation of Golems. Essentially the Usurper perverts the purity of the Creator’s intention and uses the golems as slaves, selling them to highest bidders to be used as servants, workers, prostitutes fighters (like making money by taking bets/fighting them against others), warriors, what have you ‘cause they’re the perfect slaves, e.g. Most can’t speak by design, if you know the right blessing they can’t disobey you, you can kill them if they get out of hand and they know it so they live in fear. Perfect if someone wants to amass an army or use them as hired killers or enforcers etc. Thinking that death is actually the only true freedom for a golem but the Usurper probably created lies about it so that the golems are actually afraid of being deactivated or w/e
- Only reason there are male golems is that the Usurper wanted to make them seem more useful for different tasks like farming, mining, thugs, warriors, etc.
- they are deformed in that they can get pregnant/get a lady preggo but the child will always be stillborn? That’s even more traumatic alksmdf
- [1:10:24 AM] Mo Money: also for names, to help with the idea of being "soulless" and looked down upon/seen as inhuman/lesser they should generally have one name (since the norm is 4) and it should mostly be monosyllabic. Some names can reflect the golem's designed purpose or perhaps tool/object names they would frequently use e.g. Dig, Axe, Grub.
- their lifespan is like other alcrystan human things (generally shorter if their masters are cruel) but was hoping that they don't show signs of aging outwardly (although maybe depending on the element they can get cracks and stuff) but inwardly they age and you can tell the older they are by how faded the blessings are on their foreheads
- tbh I’m not even sure I have a character idea anymore but I had a vague plan for one where the Creator is kinda insane at the end ‘cause she’s been imprisoned and so she makes one final golem (my char I guess) to be some sort of “Savior” for the rest of the golems and fight the usurper … and then proceeds to order my golem to kill her so she can be free of the Usurper and having to make any more Golems just to have her creations enslaved and misused. So ya my golem proceeds to go mad ‘cause they’re not supposed to kill any living things but she is kinda at the same time free ‘cause no one except the Creator knows her blessing so she’s just running around without a path or direction scared and alone while trying to dodge the Usurper and his minions (I imagine by this time the dude is hella rich and powerful gangster mafia type bro or something) because maybe the Creator gave her some special ability to … idk speak the blessings to other golems and she knows the truth about “death” which is just freeing them but at the same time I dont want her to actually be /special/ and all “it’s your destiny” so maybe the Usurper just thinks she has the ability and it accidentally becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy ?? idk man. haha